ACCESS HEALTH CT: CONNECTICUT HEALTH INSURANCE EXCHANGE
Access Health CT (also known as the Connecticut Health Insurance Exchange) was created by the Connecticut Legislature in 2011 established to satisfy the requirements of the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is a federal law that requires most United States citizens and legally documented United States residents to have health insurance.
WHAT IS ACCESS HEALTH CT?
Access Health CT is a new marketplace that offers
individuals, families, and small employers a range of
qualified, approved health insurance plans from
brand-name carriers. Under national health
Access Health CT now allows consumers to speak with a call center representative by dialing, 1-855-805-HEALTH (1-855-805-4325), to receive information on choices about their health care coverage options. Access Health CT will also coordinate eligibility and enrollment with state Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Programs.
For more information on Connecticut’s program and for a list of Enrollment Fairs Events and Healthy Chats, go to www.AccessHealthCT.com.
- The federal website at www.healthcare.gov provides more information on what the new law means to you and other basic information.
- For other health care related topics and how the new law may affect Medicare and Medicaid, visit the Kaiser Family Foundation website at www.kff.org
- Families USA has consumer fact
sheets to help consumers make informed
decisions about choosing the health plan that's
right for them:
• Understanding the Differences between Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze Plans
• Choosing the Health Plan That's Right for You
• Choosing a Health Plan That You Can Afford
Some important dates coming up:
NOTE: Open Enrollment period begins each year
on November 15th. Connecticut residents can continue
to visit with Certified Application Counselors,
including CACs at Federally Qualified Health Centers,
Hospitals, Health Departments and State Agencies, and
other health care providers, who are still providing
services, if new applicants enrolling in Medicaid
(HUSKY) and the Children’s Health Insurance Plan
(CHIP), which is open year round.
Also, individuals who experience a “Special Enrollment Qualifying Life Event”, which include the following, can enroll anytime:
* death of a member of the household
* loss of current health coverage
* or loss or reduction in employer insurance
* new legal CT resident or United States residency
* or United States lawful presence
TO FIND PROVIDERS IN CONNECTICUT'S COMMUNITY
Search by service name, for Assister's and the
Navigator's listed in the 2-1-1 database:
In Person Assister Programs
SOURCE: Access Health CT website; Kaiser Family
Foundation; U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid
Services; Families USA Fact Sheets; USA Today
PREPARED BY: 211/tb
CONTENT LAST REVIEWED/October2014