Blizzard/Winter Storm Information & Resources
United Way 2-1-1 is Connecticut’s statewide, 24 hour, information and referral service. Click on the links below for local, state and federal information and resources available to Connecticut residents regarding Winter Storm.
State & Federal Disaster Emergency Service Resources
- Department of Emergency Services & Public Protection (CTDEMHS)
- Department of Public Health (CTDPH) – “Cold Weather Tips”
- Department of Public Health (CTDPH) – “Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detection Tips & Resources”
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – “Winter Weather Tips”
- American Red Cross of Connecticut – “Keep Safe From Artic Chill”
Where to find resources during Winter Storm:
General emergency information will be placed here with the following services mentioned below as 2-1-1 receives essential details for Connecticut residents on power outages, road closures, etc... during the blizzard.
If overnight shelters and/or warming centers are set up by City/town Emergency Management Offices due to blizzard we will provide details at the following links:
- Mass Care Shelters
- Cold Weather Shelters/Warming Centers
If you have a warming center but do not see it listed, click here to let us know.
Where to find overnight shelters, dial 211 for assistance
For additional information and resources on preparing for a Winter Storm/Blizzard or Severe Cold Weather or for safety tips regarding detecting Carbon Monoxide (CO) in the home, see the following 2-1-1 eLibrary papers: