Winter Storm Disaster Information & Resources
United Way 2-1-1 is Connecticut’s statewide, 24 hour, information and referral service. Click on the links below for local, state and federal information and resources available to Connecticut residents regarding this Major Winter Storm.
Check this page often, 2-1-1 will add shelters and warming centers and other local resources to this page as needed.
Below are the links to state and federal disaster information & resources available to Connecticut residents regarding Winter Storm Bethany.
State & Federal Disaster Emergency Service Resources
- Department of Emergency Services & Public Protection (CTDEMHS)
- Department of Public Health (CTDPH) – “Cold Weather Tips”
- Department of Public Health (CTDPH) – “Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detection Tips & Resources”
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – “Winter Weather Tips”
- American Red Cross of Connecticut – “Keep Safe From Artic Chill”
If resources on overnight shelters & warming centers and other resources are needed and become available, 2-1-1 will add information below.
(Please note that if you do not see your city/town warming centers listed – libraries, senior centers and other public locations are suggested as warming centers during severe cold weather events.)
Where to find temporary shelter during cold/warm weather:
- Cold Weather Shelters/Warming Centers
- Mass Care Shelters
Where to find overnight shelters or dial 211 for assistance:
For additional information and resources on preparing for a Winter Storm/Blizzard or Severe Cold Weather or for safety tips regarding detecting Carbon Monoxide (CO) in the home, see the following 2-1-1 eLibrary papers: