For 30 years, United Way of Connecticut has been a pillar for the
communities it serves. As the umbrella association for the 24 local United Ways
in the state, UWC works to strengthen the statewide system by helping United
Ways in their community building efforts and influencing public policy so to
protect families across the state.
With programs such as 2-1-1, 2-1-1 Child Care, Child Development
Infoline, and HUSKY Infoline, we have come to be relied upon by our friends and
neighbors. Our services are depended upon to help the single mother find
suitable childcare, the ill patient to access adequate medical assistance or
coverage, to connect the person who wants to volunteer with an organization
eager to use his time and talents, or to provide immediate help to the person in
crisis, just to name a few. Whether processing checks in the finance department,
preparing awareness campaigns in marketing, or updating the 2-1-1 database in
the information department, the common thread here at UWC is the commitment to
provide equal access to human and social services to those who need them.
If you are looking for a rewarding career centered on meeting human needs,
United Way of Connecticut may be the company you want to work for. Whether you
are a call specialist, an administrative assistant, or a computer specialist, by
working here you get more than a paycheck. You enjoy the satisfaction of
improving the quality of life in the community you live.
Join the United Way of Connecticut/2-1-1 Team
- Excellent training and work experience for professional development.
- A large organization with a history of growth and promotions from within.
Great benefits include:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Competitive Salary
- Shift Differential (where applicable)
- Partial Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance, 2x annual salary
- 50% Extended Sick Leave Pay
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 97.5% of employee health insurance paid
- 60% of dependents' health insurance paid
- Generous retirement investment plan, vested after 3 years
- Optional Tax Deferred Annuity Plan
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Optional Long Term Care Insurance
- Dress down days, everyday
- Pleasant Work Environment